Sunday, March 4, 2007

Diets



If there is a God, this asscrack is burning in Hell, and all the people he helped to get heart attacks and become weak as overcooked noodles are jacking off on his flaming, shit-covered body.

That douche is a shining example of everything that is wrong with American society. It used to be that people would be thin by exercising and eating a balanced diet.



Now that has the entire country collectively shitting bricks. That is the enemy. That causes obesity. That can have a big, burly man screaming like a little girl, and it's all because of Dr. Robert "Cocksucker" Atkins.

He comes along with this new diet where you can eat all the red meat and grease and trans fats that you like as long as you don't eat any carbohydrates, and everyone latches on to it.

This is a prime example of people being obsessed not with how something is, but rather how it looks. A quick lesson in 4th grade level biology: proteins are good for making enzymes and new cells. They are necessary to do such, as a matter of fact. Carbohydrates, however, give us energy to do everything, including making the aforementioned enzymes. Without carbohydrates, the body begins to devour itself for energy. Not only that, but after a while it goes on starvation mode, thereby slowing down your metabolism.

Does that sound remotely healthy to you? It shouldn't, because it's not healthy in the slightest.

"BUT I DON'T CARE IF IT'S HEALTHY! I DON'T CARE IF I'M VIRTUALLY STARVING MYSELF! I DON'T CARE IF I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TAKE A SHIT WITHOUT ENDURING UNBEARABLE PAIN EVER AGAIN! I DON'T CARE IF I'LL LOSE MUSCLE MASS! I DON'T CARE IF I'LL BE SO WEAK THAT I WON'T BE ABLE TO RUN ANY FASTER THAN THREE MILES AN HOUR EVER AGAIN. I DON'T CARE IF I'LL GAIN BACK DOUBLE WHAT I LOST IF I START EATING LIKE A NORMAL PERSON PERSON AGAIN. I ONLY WANT TO BE THIN."

Oh, is that how it is? Being thin is all-important, and it doesn't matter how many heart attacks you have in the process? Fine. We'll see how important being thin is when you're meeting your maker before you turn 40.

We've reached a point in our society where people are now encouraged to think that physical beauty is more important than life span. This will not stand. Yeah, I agree that you should be taking care of yourself. But when I looked last, "taking care of yourself" meant willpower, balance, and exercise. Now, with this new diet willpower is utterly meaningless, balance is discouraged, and exercise is impossible since you have so little stamina that you'd pass out if you tried to get on a treadmill. "Taking care of yourself" does not involve overindulging on unhealthy crap so long as you don't gain any weight.

And this Atkins diet is affecting people even when they're not on it. The first thing people think when on diets is not "exercise more" and "balance my shit". It's "less carbs". It's hard to burn calories with no energy to do it, fuckwits.

This asshattery needs to be stopped. Dieting is not only about being thin, it's also about being healthy and having energy. And if people were to look past image (goddammit), maybe they'd see that.


No comments: